I am delighted to welcome you to Garrett Hall Primary School, a fun, and vibrant school where pupils, staff, governors, parents and school community work extremely hard to have high expectations of one another. We are committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning -achieved through a combination of challenge, support, encouragement and praise- to ensure that all children fulfill their potential. I hope that our website gives you a real feel for our happy, caring and aspirational school.
Garrett Hall is a two form entry primary school offering a welcoming and purposeful environment where relationships are built upon mutual respect. Our supportive pastoral systems help pupils to achieve beyond their expectations and develop a strong sense of responsibility for themselves, their peers and the wider world. Garrett Hall children develop skills for life long learning, have a 'can do' attitude and are supported by nurturing their creativity, sporting talents and encouraging independent thinking and learning.
We are very proud of our outstanding Ofsted status, our inclusive school, our dedicated staff, governors and wonderful children. Our vision is to create a school community where children feel safe and where they learn, love and laugh together whilst adhering to our moto: 'Dream, believe, learn and achieve'.
We offer children the opportunity to develop their talents, reach their potential and be happy during their time with us. We endeavour to provide the very best of education and care for all of our pupils by:
- Providing a welcoming, caring and safe environment, where children can develop self-respect, a sense of individual worth and are able to co-operate with and show consideration to others.
- Offering all pupils a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, providing for a variety of learning styles, in order to help the children to develop lively, enquiring minds and a love of learning.
- Fostering independent learning in a richly stimulating learning environment.
- Developing children’s confidence and intellect through tasks appropriate to their ability; supporting each pupil in their pursuit of excellence and achievement in order to maximise their potential.
- Developing links with home; involving parents in the life of the school and the education of their children.
- Supporting the emotional needs of the children and providing care and guidance, in partnership with parents.
- Offering equal opportunities to all within a fully inclusive school.
We hope that you enjoy exploring our website and finding out about our school. Visitors are always welcome and for new or prospective parents I would warmly encourage you to come and visit us to see what we can offer you and your child.
Mrs Tracy Beaty