Special Educational Needs and Disability
We refer to the term “Special Educational Needs” if a child:
- Has significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of his or her age in one or more areas of learning. Academic criteria are adhered to when making a decision. The threshold for each year group varies.
- Has a disability which either prevents or hinders him or her from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided in schools within the area of the Local Authority concerned for children of similar age.
The difficulty or disability may relate to:
- communication and interaction
- cognition and learning
- social, emotional and mental health
- sensory or physical needs
For more details, please read our school's SEND report for parents below:
Appointments can be made to meet with the School SENCO, Mrs Horsley to discuss specific concerns.
You can also access Wigan Council’s ‘local offer’ via the link: